In 1885, Axley was founded in Madison, Wisconsin on a simple philosophy of hard work, loyalty and aggressive representation. In that sense, the firm has changed very little in the last century and a quarter.
Six generations later, the business of law is more complex, more sophisticated, more nuanced than ever before – and the Axley team of legal specialists mirrors the challenges of the day. But, the foundational approach to client relationships and tangible results remains strongly intact.
At Axley, we always believed:
- In looking at every situation from multiple angles, and so we value teamwork
- That our clients are our partners, and so we sit on the same side of the desk with you
- That ideas and solutions can be communicated in everyday language, and so we converse with a minimum of legalese
- In the power of community, and so we stay supportive and involved in the issues and causes that affect us all
And we still believe that the better we reflect the community, the stronger we become. So we’ve built a team of highly regarded attorneys with diverse backgrounds and areas of expertise.
We are proud of what we do – our successes, our innovations and the trust we’ve earned with our clients. We are equally proud of how we do what we do, and the tribute that approach pays to the Axley heritage, today and every day.
“Advocacy” is a word often overused in the legal environment, but here at Axley law firm, it’s a word that still carries weight in our client relationships. Any law firm can stand at your side, but it takes an aggressive, responsive, creative approach to be a true advocate, to design uncommon solutions to common issues and to get the results our clients need.
Axley’s attorneys bring this mindset to a host of quality and cost effective legal services in over 100 areas, including business and corporate law, health care, estate planning and tax, real estate and land use, construction, litigation, insurance defense, electronic discovery, municipal, mediation, employment law, intellectual property, family law, criminal defense, and personal injury.
New Ideas, Old Values, Hard Work ®.
Top Listed City Awards
- Top Listed in Madison in Insurance Law with 3 lawyers
- Top Listed in Madison in Litigation - Bankruptcy with 2 lawyers
- Top Listed in Madison in Litigation - Construction with 4 lawyers
- Top Listed in Madison in Litigation - Environmental with 3 lawyers
- Best of Wisconsin Business Awards
- Officer of the Court Level Sponsor Award - The State Bar of Wisconsin (re: Donations to 2014 National High School Mock Trial Championship)
- Star of Madison Award 2013
- Star of Madison Award 2012
Business Practice Group
Construction & Transportation Practice Group
Labor and Employment Practice Group
Litigation Practice Group
Personal Injury Team
Firm Practice Areas
- Appellate Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Law
- Elder Law
- Water Law