3 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
Aldous\Walker represents individuals and businesses who have been harmed by the misdeeds of others. Led by noted Dallas trial lawyers Charla Aldous and Brent Walker, the firm handles cases involving personal injury, business disputes, medical malpractice, products liability and wrongful death.
Early in her legal career, Charla spent many years representing defendants. Her “insider’s knowledge” of the defense side of the docket has proven invaluable to her clients. She understands the “tricks of the trade,” and can anticipate the other side’s moves.
Whether it’s standing up to environmental polluters, healthcare providers, the pharmaceutical industry, or those simply unwilling to take responsibility for the damage they’ve caused, Charla’s driving goal is to make sure her clients receive the justice they deserve, and to make a positive a difference in their lives.
A past president of the American Board of Trial Advocates-Dallas Chapter, Charla is heavily involved in the legal community. She is a member of the American Association for Justice, Texas Bar Foundation, Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Dallas Bar Association and Dallas Trial Lawyers Association. She also has earned membership to the prestigious Inner Circle of Advocates, an invitation-only group of 100 of the nation’s top plaintiff lawyers.
In addition to being featured in Best Lawyers in America each year since 2003, Charla earned special recognition as the Best Lawyers Litigator of the Year in Dallas for Personal Injury in 2009, 2017 & 2019 and Medical Malpractice in 2013, 2016 & 2018.
A veteran of more than 200 trials, Charla is routinely recognized among the top trial lawyers in the country. She has earned numerous honors and awards, including:
- Aldous \ Walker Named Elite Trial Lawyers Finalists in the "Other" and "Product Liability" Categories (2019)
- Aldous \ Walker Names to The National Law Journal's 2018 list of Top 100 Verdicts for securing a $25 million verdict (2018)
- Trial Lawyer of the Year (Texas Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates, 2008)
- Top 10 attorneys in the entire state of Texas (Texas Super Lawyers magazine, 2012-2013)
- Top 100 attorneys in Texas (Texas Super Lawyers magazine, 2003-2018)
- Top 50 female attorneys in Texas (Texas Super Lawyers magazine, 2003-2018)
- 500 Leading Plaintiffs Lawyers in America (Lawdragon, 2007, 2015-2018)
- Best Lawyers in Dallas (D Magazine, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- Best Women Lawyers in Dallas (D Magazine, 2010)
- Texas’ Top 5 Personal Injury Attorneys (Texas Lawyer’s “Go-To Guide,” 2007)
- Ten Winning “Lawyers in America” (The National Law Journal, 2005)
- Top 10 Verdicts in the Nation (Lawyers Weekly USA, 2000, 2004)
Charla earned her undergraduate degree from Austin College in Sherman, Texas, where she was honored as the school’s 2007 Distinguished Alumni. She earned her law degree from Southern Methodist University’s Dedman School of Law.
As a young boy, Brent witnessed what it took to become a lawyer as his mother attended law school. Playing trivia games with her involving evidence objections during long car drives, and seeing her work hard to win major verdicts, helped him know at age 11, that he wanted to be a trial lawyer.
Never looking back, Brent’s passion to fight for justice and make a positive impact on people and the community burns bright as he pleas the cause of personal and corporate clients in the courtroom.
A member of the board of directors for both the Dallas and Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Brent has obtained more than $250 million in verdicts and settlements for injured individuals, and others, in the first decade of practice. He has represented Dallas nurse Nina Pham, who contracted the Ebola virus while working at a Dallas hospital in a high profile national case. He also successfully represented a high school student and her family in a $9.3 million verdict involving Episcopal School of Dallas.
A six-time recipient of the Texas Super Lawyers® list, Brent also earned recognition by the National Trial Lawyers Association, Top 40 Under 40, Top 100 Trial Lawyers. In addition to significant experience in personal injury cases involving catastrophic injuries and wrongful death, Brent has expertise in commercial litigation claims involving breach of contract and misappropriation of trade secrets. He has earned significant honors, including:
- D Magazine – Best Lawyers in Dallas (2013, 2016, 2019), Best Lawyers Under 40, 2018
- Texas Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters, 2013-2018)
- Texas Rising Stars list (Thomson Reuters, 2007; 2009-2013)
- National Trial Lawyers Association, Top 40 Under 40, Top 100 Trial Lawyers
Brent earned his undergraduate degree from Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Virginia, where he served as editor of the Washington and Lee Political Review. He earned his law degree from Southern Methodist University’s Dedman School of Law.
• The family of a man who died from mesothelioma caused by his exposure to asbestos fibers.
• A doctor in a breach of contract and defamation suit against a hospital and two colleagues.
• A couple after a group of doctors and other medical professionals failed to diagnose cancer for more than a year.
• The family of a teenager who died after being given too much sedative following surgery.
• A couple after the husband was injured in an accident with a dump truck.
• A woman whose child was born with severe brain injury caused during childbirth.
• North Carolina residents in the nation’s first Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether (MTBE) contamination trial.
• A woman and her family after doctors failed to diagnose breast cancer.
• The parents of a child who died from the failure to diagnose an easily treatable condition.
• The family of a man who died from failure to diagnose and treat a stroke.
• A minority shareholder who was shut out by majority shareholders in a closely held corporation.
• An attorney and his firm who were accused of legal malpractice.
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.