On March 28, 2019, the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) announced another proposed rule to update regulations under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The proposed rule would amend 29 CFR part 778 to revise the “regular rate” requirements under section 7(e) of the FLSA, 29 U.S.C. § 207(e).
- Wellness programs, such as onsite specialist treatment, gym access and fitness classes,
- Employee discounts on retail goods and services;
- Payments for unused paid leave, including paid sick leave;
- Benefit plans, such as accident, unemployment, and legal services,
- Tuition reimbursement or student debt repayment; and
- Certain reimbursed expenses.