William Edwards was admitted to the Texas and Virginia Bar in 1958. Since
then he has also been admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court; U.S.
Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit; U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
and U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas.
William was named as the “Corpus Christi Best Lawyers Personal Injury
Litigation - Plaintiffs Lawyer of the Year” for 2012 by Best Lawyers, the oldest
and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. He has been
listed in Best Lawyers in America® continuously since the publication was
founded in 1983, is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law.
Mr. Edwards' success as a trial lawyer has led to a personal commitment that
extends far beyond the courtroom. He has earned state and national recognition
for his tireless work with groups such as Texans Against Sexual Assault and
Citizens for Reliable and Safe Highways.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury Trial Law
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Texas, 1958
- Virginia, 1958
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1959
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1974
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1982
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1970
- University of Virginia School of
Law, Charlottesville, Virginia
Honors and Awards
- Selected to Best Lawyers in America®, 1983 - Present