Rob Kenny offers substantial experience in a variety of finance transactions including derivatives, project and equipment financings and securitizations.
- Mr. Kenny is the firm's primary representative to the International Swaps and Derivatives Association, Inc. (ISDA) and has experience with interest rate swaps, caps and collars, total return swaps, credit default swaps, commodity hedges and other derivative transactions.
- Mr. Kenny represents two of the largest operating lessors of rail cars and locomotives in the United States. In such representation, Mr. Kenny and other members of the project and equipment finance group assist such clients in a wide range of matters, including securitizations, leveraged leases, asset sales, and like kind exchanges.
- Mr. Kenny's overall project and equipment financing work encompasses debt financings as well as cross border, leveraged and synthetic leasing transactions for aircraft, facilities, trucks, rail cars, locomotives, containers, vessels, various types of manufacturing equipment and real estate, for lessees, equity investors, and lenders, and has represented equity and debt participants in connection with restructuring leveraged leases both in and out of bankruptcy with commercial airlines and other lessees.
- Mr. Kenny's securitization work includes transactions related to rail cars, chassis, containers and commercial aircraft.
- Mr. Kenny also has considerable experience with asset sales and loan assignments.
- Volunteer with Legal Services of the Southern Piedmont providing basic estate planning services to elderly residents in Mecklenburg County with limited means.
- Served on the Board of Directors for Special Olympics North Carolina, Inc., 2006-2008