The practice of Martin is focused on insolvency and financial restructuring. He represents financial institutions, trustees, receivers as well as debtors and committees of creditors and has been involved in numerous complex corporate bankruptcies and reorganizations. Martin is an accomplished lecturer on insolvency law, banking law and legislative amendments to the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act and theCivil Code of Québec. He is also a widely-published author on these topics. Martin has participated in training courses and in trustee license examinations for the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy and is a Member of the Disciplinary Committee of the Quebec Bar. A former recipient of the Best Oralist Award at the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition in Washington, D.C., Martin has been a regular participant as a judge in this competition.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Inc., in its capacity as interim receiver over the Canadian assets of Georges Marciano.
- Ernst & Young, in its capacity as interim receiver to the assets of Stanford International Bank group of companies, in the recognition of the U.S. receivership.
- Homburg Invest Inc.,in connection with its stabilization and operational restructuring under the CCAA.
- Representing the debtor-in-possession lenders and first lien lenders in connection with the restructuring of White Birch Paper Company under the CCAA.
- Davie Yards Inc., in the context of its current restructuring under the CCAA.
- MEGABrands Inc., and its subsidiaries in their operational and capital restructuring implemented under the Canada Business Corporations Act.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board, in the CCAA and U.S. Bankruptcy Ch. 15 proceedings of Railpower Technologies Corp.
- Geosam Investments Limited, as secured creditors, in the CCAA restructuring of Shermag Inc.
- Richter, in its capacity as Monitor under the CCAA restructuring of the TQS Inc. (now V‑Interactions Inc.) television station.
- Wells Fargo, as secured creditor pursuant to proposal proceedings of Consoltex Inc. under the BIA.
- SR Telecom Inc., in the context of its CCAA and CBCA restructuring including the sale of its operating assets.
- KPMG, as auditor of the Quebecor World Inc. group of companies in the context of their restructuring under the CCAA.
- Richter, in its capacity as Interim Receiver of in the context of the restructuring of Cable Satisfaction International Inc. under the CCAA.