L. Mabel Arroyo, a shareholder in the Nashville office, is one of the Firm's immigration attorneys. Fluent in both English and Spanish, Ms. Arroyo understands the complexities of U.S. immigration laws and proactively helps businesses and individuals with corporate immigration issues. She assists manufacturers, health care corporations and other companies in connection with visa applications, day-to-day operational questions and administrative proceedings before the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the U.S. Department of Labor and U.S. Embassies and Consulates throughout the world.
A native of Puerto Rico, she began practicing immigration law in Tennessee in 1997. Ms. Arroyo regularly lectures in the Middle Tennessee area on various immigration topics and frequently contributes immigration law articles to Hispanic newspapers and periodicals.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- "Joy, Frustration Go With Arroyo's Immigration Practice," The Nashville Ledger, February 28, 2014
- "Health Care Facilities, Be Careful With Your Staffing," Law360, September 6, 2013
- "Best Practices for Form I-9 Compliance," HR Professionals Magazine, October 2012
- "Immigration Developments Affecting Health Care Companies," Nashville Council of Health Care Attorneys, March 8, 2011
- "Where Will We Go With Immigration Law," Nashville Bar Journal, May 2009
- "Employment Based Immigration," Music City Employment Institute Seminar, Lorman Education Services, June 2006
- "Prospects for Federal Immigration Law Reform," Nashville Bar Journal, July 2004
- "Immigration for Employers," Nashville Chamber of Commerce, May 2004