Joseph Zonies is a partner with Reilly Pozner LLP and leads the firm‘s mass tort and personal injury practice groups. In addition, he has litigated cases against and on behalf of large corporations.
Joe is co-lead counsel of the Plaintiffs' Steering Committee in the In re Avandia mass tort litigation in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. As one of the leaders in this multi-district litigation, he chairs a number of critical committees. Joe recently settled Avandia cases for thousands of his clients. He was recently appointed to the Executive Committee of the Plaintiffs' Steering Committee in the In re Zoloft Products Liability Litigation in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. He is also on the Plaintiffs' Steering Committee in the Trans-Vaginal Mesh Products Liability Litigation. In addition, Joe represents or has represented thousands of clients in other pharmaceutical mass tort litigations, including birth defect litigation (Paxil, Topamax, Effexor), DePuy and Zimmer Hip litigation, Baycol, Zyprexa, Vioxx and Ephedra where he has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for his clients. As part of his class action practice, Joe was appointed as class counsel against a national office retailer where the class recovered millions in unpaid overtime wages. He also represents the interests of individuals who have been injured or killed by the wrongful conduct of others.
Joe earned his B.A. in Communications and Theater from the University of Notre Dame. After spending several years acting and producing and directing music videos, he attended the University of Denver College of Law. There, he graduated first in his law school class. During this time, he earned the highest grade in his class in eleven courses ranging from Torts and Securities Regulation to Tax and Water Law. After law school, Joe clerked for the Honorable John C. Porfilio in the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.
He was selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® since 2011 under the specialty of “Personal Injury Litigation-Plaintiff.” He has been designated in Colorado Super Lawyers® since 2010 and has been ranked in the "Top 100 Lawyers" since 2012. Joe is also AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®.
Joe lives in Broomfield, Colorado with his wife and their four children. He enjoys barely surviving triathlons that are far beyond his capabilities and occasionally appears on television as an actor.
- Plaintiffs' Steering Committee in the Transvaginal Mesh mass tort litigation — Chosen to serve on the Plaintiffs' Steering Committee in the Transvaginal Mesh mass tort litigation.
- Executive Committee in the Zoloft® Birth Defect pharmaceutical mass tort litigation — Selected to serve on the Executive Committee in the Zoloft® Birth Defect pharmaceutical mass tort litigation.
- Co-Lead Counsel and Lead Trial Counsel in the Avandia® Pharmaceutical Mass Tort Multi-District Litigation — Acted as co-lead counsel and lead trial counsel in the Avandia® pharmaceutical mass tort multi-district litigation and resolved cases for thousands of clients.
- "Top 100 Lawyers" by Colorado Super Lawyers® (2012, 2013, 2014)
- AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Colorado Super Lawyers® (2010-present)
- Local Litigation Star in Colorado-Plaintiff, Benchmark Litigation (2014)
- Personal Injury Litigation in The Best Lawyers in America® (2011-present)
- Plaintiffs Star in Colorado by Benchmark Litigation (2012, 2013)
Write a client comment