Jeff Dodd has more than 35 years’ experience helping companies with their corporate, securities, intellectual property and technology transactions. Jeff’s clients range in size from Fortune 50 companies to emerging businesses. He offers critical experience in myriad industries and various transaction types, both in the United States and internationally.
Jeff has extensive corporate, securities and corporate finance experience. He routinely helps clients in all variety of diverse domestic and international corporate transactions, including public and private securities offerings, structuring and documenting joint ventures, corporate partnering and similar arrangements, private debt and equity financing transactions, structuring finance arrangements and vehicles, and advising on regulatory and compliance matters.
Jeff also serves as the head of Andrews Kurth’s global intellectual property and technology practice. Under Jeff’s leadership, the practice has grown to include 40 IP and technology transactions professionals. Jeff is the co-author of Modern Licensing Law with University of Houston Law Center Professor and former Dean, Ray Nimmer. The treatise covers all aspects of intellectual property licensing and has become one of the industry’s most respected publications on the topic. Jeff is routinely asked to write, speak and present on related topics.
Jeff continues to serve his alma mater as a member and President of the University of Houston Law Foundation Board of Directors and as a University of Houston Honors College Advisory Board Member. He is a lifetime fellow in both the Texas Bar Foundation and Houston Bar Foundation.
Corporate, Securities and Corporate Finance: experience in diverse domestic and international corporate transactions, including:
- representing various participants in public and private merger and acquisition transactions
- representing issuers and underwriters (and investment bankers) in connection with public and private securities offerings
- representing private equity, venture capital and other investment groups or funds, as well as portfolio companies in structuring, documenting and negotiating investment arrangements
- structuring, negotiating and documenting the formation of private equity, venture capital and hedge funds
- advising regulated entities (including broker/dealers and investment advisers) as to regulatory and compliance matters
- structuring, negotiating and documenting joint venture, corporate partnering and similar arrangements
Intellectual Property, Technology, Data Security, Electronic Commerce and Commercialization: extensive experience in a variety of domestic and international intellectual property, information, and business process-related transactions, including
- representing various parties in structuring, negotiating, enforcing, and unwinding licensing transactions, domestic and international, in numerous industries, including energy, computer technology, biotechnology
- negotiating, enforcing and unwinding ERP and outsourcing arrangements
- advising domestic and international clients on data protection, security breach, security and privacy laws and devising compliance strategies
- structuring, negotiating, documenting and unwinding strategic ventures and alliances where intellectual property is the core asset
- planning, design and implementation of electronic commerce and trading strategies and arrangements, domestic and international
- counseling, structuring, negotiating, and documenting intellectual property and information, acquisition, commercialization transactions