Jim Gardnerhas successfully handled cases involving complex litigation. He has represented people with personal injuries that resulted from motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice and products liability claims. He also earned a reputation for representing farmers, handling insurance bad faith claims and business litigation matters.
Jim was admitted to the Wisconsin Bar in 1972 and has also been admitted to the U.S. Federal Court. He is a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin, the Dane County Bar Association, American Association for Justice, Wisconsin Association for Justice and the James E. Doyle Inns of Court.
Jim is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and was named in the Best Lawyers of America 2005.
Areas of Practice
Civil Trial Law, Commercial and Business Litigation, Legal and Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury Litigation, Farm Litigation, Products Liability
- Danks v. Stock Bldg. Supply, Inc., 727 N.W.2d 846 (Wis.App. 2006)
- Lewis V. Straka, 2006 WL 2927658 (E.D.Wis. 2006)
- Summers v. Touchpoint Health Plan, Inc., 723 N.W.2d 784 (Wis.App. 2006)
- Sunny Industries, Inc. v. Rockwell International Corp., 11 Fed.Appx. 613, 2001 WL 371929 (C.A.7 (Wis.) 2001)
- Smith v. Meadows Mills, Inc., 60 F.Supp. 991 (E.D.Wis. 1999)
- Sunny Industries, Inv. v. Rockwell Intern. Corp., 175 F.3d 1201 (C.A. 7 (Wis.) 1999)
- Spitz v. C.I.R., 954 F.2d 1382 (C.A. 7 (Wis.) 1992)
- Schultz v. Schrank, 1992 WL 12003988 (Bankr. W.D.Wis. 1992)
- Kolpin v. Pioneer Power & Light Co., 162 Wis.2d 1 (Wis 1991)
- Johnson V. Steele-Waseca Co-op Elec., 469 N.W.2d 517 (Minn.App. 1991)
Wisconsin, 1972; U.S. Federal Court, 1972
Professional Associations and Memberships
Wisconsin Association for Justice (Member)
James F. Doyle Inns of Courts (Member)
The American Association for Justice (Member)
State Bar of Wisconsin, Litigation Section (Member)
Dane County Bar Association (Member)
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers in America 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Super Lawyer 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010; Law & Politics and Milwaukee Magazine
- Fellow; American College of Trial Lawyers
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum Member
University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, 1972, J.D. Honors: cum laude
University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 1968, B.S.
Certified Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Lecturer, Trial Advocacy, University of Wisconsin Law School