Mark Knight practices primarily in the securities, mergers and acquisitions, corporate, and partnership areas. Mark is also the leader of the firm's corporate practice group. He has served as M&A counsel in nearly $1 billion worth of business acquisitions and combinations, and has handled more than 50 capital formation transactions. He was named 2010 "M&A Lawyer of the Year" for Columbia, SC by Best Lawyers and is listed among the five top-tier corporate/M&A lawyers in South Carolina by Chambers USA.
Mark has been an active leader in the South Carolina Bar's legislative committees involving limited liability company, limited partnership and securities law issues. He is a frequent speaker on various merger and acquisition, corporate, and securities topics. Mark also published an article on limited partnerships in the USC Law Review.
A summa cum laude graduate of Furman University, Mark was twice published in the law review as a student at the University of South Carolina School of Law, from which he graduated cum laude.
Mark has been a Deacon, Sunday School teacher and member of the Sanctuary Choir at St. Andrews Baptist Church; and is a co-founder of Vista Fellowship and Midtown Fellowship.
- Special Hearing Officer for the South Carolina Securities Commission (2003-2004)
- InnoVenture regional venture capital and innovation pipeline conference - Legal Chair (2004-Present); Planning Committee (2004); and Selection Committee (2004-2006)
- South Carolina Investor Network - President (2006); Founding Board Member (since 1999)
- Best Lawyers in America - Corporate, M&A and Securities Law
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers - Corporate/Mergers and Acquisitions
- South Carolina Bar - Corporation, Banking and Securities Section, Chair, Securities Committee Chair (1985); Ad Hoc Limited Partnership Committee, which drafted and sponsored the 1986 Revised Uniform Limited Partnership Act in South Carolina, Chair (1986); Securities Legislative Study Committee, Chair (1990)
- American Bar Association - Corporate Law Committee, State Liaison (since 1998)
- Center for Global Strategies - Participant in an Exploratory Business and Goodwill Delegation to Vietnam and Myanmar (2006)