Federal and State Enforcement
Successfully defended clients against:
- Agency-threatened shutdown of power plant for alleged air permit violations. Negotiated to settlement without penalty.
- Combined federal and state enforcement actions for alleged excess air emissions by manufacturer. Settled for fraction of penalty assessment.
- Alleged NPDES and erosion and sedimentation violations by developer. Resolved with no work stoppage.
- Combined state and federal RCRA/HSWA proceedings for legacy industrial cleanup sites, and CERCLA claims for various PRPs.
- Indoor air quality disputes involving alleged mold exposure claims for nationwide asset manager.
Environmental counsel in transactions involving:
of millions of acres of timberlands, including year-long due diligence
and structuring complex risk allocation mechanisms.
of several 100-year old brownfields sites in Canada and the U.S.,
including negotiating with governmental agencies for liability
protections, and obtaining environmental insurance coverage.
- $2 billion mixed-use project involving post-closing remediation to obtain final regulatory closure.