Deborah L. Hildebran-Bachofen has been practicing with Manning Fulton since 1988. Debbie has a broad range of experience with closely-held corporations, including corporate mergers, acquisition and structuring issues, planning and tax accounting issues, private debt placement, and tax planning. Debbie becomes an important part of the company’s outside management team, advising business owners on day-to-day operations, drafting and negotiating contracts, and advising on financial matters and transactions.
Debbie heads the firm’s Estate Administration Section and with more than 20 years of experience, she is known throughout the state of North Carolina for her expertise in the areas of estate planning and administration. Debbie often represents key executives and assists high net worth families and individuals in developing and implementing gift and estate tax planning and the administration of substantial and complex estates and trusts. She is a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC).
Debbie has consistently been recognized in many State and National respected publications. She has been named in The Best Lawyers in America® (2009-2015) and was selected for inclusion among North Carolina Super Lawyers (2006-2015 / NC's Top 100 Lawyers 2009, 2010 / Top 50 Female Lawyers 2006-2015). She has also been recognized in Business North Carolina magazine’s Legal Elite in the areas of Tax and Estate Planning (2005) and Corporate Law (2006). She is the recipient of a Women in Business Award (2005) presented by the Triangle Business Journal and a Women Extraordinaire Award (2005) presented byBusiness Leader Magazine.
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), Fellow
- Certified Public Accountant
- Board Certified Specialist in Estate Planning and Probate
- North Carolina Bar Association - Tax Section (Former Council Member), Estate Planning & Fiduciary Law Section (Past Chair, Former Council Member, Estate Administration Manual Committee for the Estate Planning Section - Former Chair), Local Bar Services Committee, International Law & Practice Section (Former Council Member, 2010 Attorney Exchange Leader to Turkey), Business Law Section (North Carolina Lawyers for Entrepreneurs Assistance Program (LEAP) Subcommittee)
- Wake County Bar Association - Swearing-In Ceremony Committee (Treasurer, Past Chair), Board of Directors, Bar Awards Planning Committee (Past Co-Chair), Sponsorship Committee (Co-Chair), President's Award of Excellence (2009, 2012)
- American Bar Association - Tax Section
- UNC Tax Institute Planning Committee
- Former lecturer at UNC Chapel Hill School of Law
- UNC Law School Alumni Board of Directors, Member