Mr. Bilkis primarily represents major commercial banks and investment banks as lead arranger and agent in a variety of lending transactions, with an emphasis on acquisition and leveraged financings. Mr. Bilkis also represents borrowers in lending transactions. As lead counsel for the arranger/agent lenders, he is involved in all aspects of the deal structure and in the negotiation and documentation of such transactions. In such capacity, Mr. Bilkis also addresses issues of fraudulent conveyance, collateral, compliance with margin regulations and the relationships between senior and subordinated lenders.
Mr. Bilkis has experience representing lenders in financing transactions involving borrowers in a wide variety of industries, including manufacturing, gaming, hotel, healthcare and media and communications.
Examples of recent transactions Mr. Bilkis has advised on include:
- Representation of Jefferies Finance LLC, GE Capital Markets, Inc., Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC and Goldman Sachs Bank USA, as Joint Lead Arrangers and Joint Book Runners, in a $2.1 billion senior secured bank financing for Alere Inc.
- Representation of Deutsche Bank Securities Inc., Merrill Lynch, Pierce Fenner & Smith Incorporated, Citigroup Global Markets Inc. and Wells Fargo Securities LLC, as Joint Lead Arrangers and Joint Book Managers, in a $1.7 billion senior secured bank financing for Silgan Holdings Inc.
- Representation of Deutsche Bank Securities Inc. and J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, as Joint Lead Arrangers and Joint Book Runners, in a $250 million asset-based revolving credit facility for Coffeyville Resources, LLC.
- Representation of Jefferies Finance LLC and Goldman Sachs Lending Partners LLC, as Joint Lead Arrangers and Joint Book Runners, in $315 million of first and second lien credit facilities to finance the acquisition of Green Valley Ranch Gaming LLC by Station Casinos, LLC.
- Representation of Deutsche Bank Securities Inc. and Bank of America Securities LLC, as Joint Lead Arrangers and Joint Book Runners, in connection with $1.5 billion in senior secured bank facilities to finance the acquisition by Bain Capital Partners, LLC of Outback Steakhouse.
- Representation of Newmont Mining Corporation, as Borrower, in connection with a $2.5 billion unsecured revolving credit facility.
- Representation of Calpine Corporation, as Borrower, in connection with $2.66 billion in senior secured bank facilities.
Mr. Bilkis is recognized as a leading practitioner in the banking and finance field by Chambers USA 2004-2013. Mr. Bilkis joined White & Case after his graduation from law school in 1988.