As HSE's Managing Partner, Craig oversees the operation of the Firm's five offices and provides strategic leadership and direction to the Firm's 130 lawyers and a total staff of 250, who comprise the most dynamic corporate law firm in upstate New York. Craig was elected by his partners to serve as the Firm's Managing Partner beginning in January, 2016.
As Managing Partner, Craig is responsible for implementing and achieving the Firm's strategic plan, which focuses on providing differentiated, high-value service to clients through a commitment to teamwork, excellence and entrepreneurship.
Craig also maintains an active corporate law practice, and leads HSE teams in various merger, acquisition, securities, joint venture, and capital markets transactions, representing clients in the banking, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, retail, and other industries. Over the last decade, Craig has led HSE’s team on transactions with an aggregate value of more than $10 billion, ranging from transactions of less than $1 million to more than $1 billion. Craig also has substantial experience advising executives and board members of Fortune 500, Fortune 1000, and other public companies on matters related to corporate governance, risk assessment, and disclosure obligations under federal securities laws. His representative experience includes:
- Representing a Fortune 500 company in connection with more than 20 acquisitions, with purchase prices ranging from $8 million to more than $500 million.
- Representing a leading international company in two merger transactions with public company targets, including primary responsibility for all aspects of negotiating and drafting the acquisition agreements and the related Form S-4 registration statements.
- Representing a Fortune 500 company in three offerings of debt securities under Rule 144A, having an aggregate value of nearly $2 billion.
- Representing the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of a consumer products company in a “going private” transaction.
- Advising a privately held company in connection with three rounds of private equity financing, totaling nearly $40 million.
- Representing a private equity fund in approximately ten different investments.
- Representing an investment advisory firm in connection with the formation of multiple group trusts and other pooled investment vehicles.
- Representing a company conducting a “roll-up” transaction in the building supply industry, including the negotiation and closing of five acquisitions.