In a career spanning more than 30 years, Charles has successfully resolved a wide variety of commercial disputes by utilizing his skills in litigation, arbitration and negotiation. His expertise includes cases involving oil and gas, health care, business torts, noncompetition agreements and theft of trade secrets, contracts, injunctions, employment discrimination and Election Code disputes. He has distinguished himself among his peers for his work ethic and his unyielding attention to the needs of each client. He is the author and editor of Energy & The Law.
- Representation of oil and gas producers in disputes involving royalty payments, lease maintenance, oil field operations, natural gas contracts, gas plant accounting, pooling and unitization issues, operating agreements, and land and lease titles.
- Representation of mineral and royalty owners in lease negotiations and disputes such as lease termination and royalty payment obligations.
- Representation of citizens, candidates, and political parties in disputes involving election procedures, city charter requirements, and election code violations.
- Prosecution and defense of commercial disputes such as breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, corporate governance, fraud, and debt collection in state and federal courts and before arbitration panels.
- Arbitration and litigation of healthcare contract suits involving dissolution of medical practices and disputes between providers and payers involving claims processing, reimbursements, utilization review, coverage and regulatory issues.
- Arbitration and litigation of employment related disputes such as theft of trade secrets and breach of non-competition agreements, and employment discrimination.