A partner in the Litigation Department, Andrew G. Gordon has extensive experience litigating on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants in complex civil litigation matters. Andrew’s litigation practice is concentrated on securities, intellectual property, employment and other commercial disputes. He has also handled significant antitrust, bankruptcy and tax matters for several clients.
Some of his recent work includes:
- achieving a significant victory on behalf of Santa Barbara Hospitality in an arbitration brought against Hyatt;
- representing Cablevision Systems Corporation in a trial before the FCC involving a carriage complaint made by Game Show Network;
- representing The Citco Group of Companies in federal and state litigations arising out of the collapse of several hedge funds, including Fairfield Sentry and the Fletcher Funds;
- representing several public and private company defendants - including, for example,The Hunt Companies, General Atlantic, Mitel Networks, Emdeon, Merck, Rhodia S.A., The Interpublic Group of Companies, Ericsson, Apollo, Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc., Oilsands Quest Inc. and Sealed Air Corporation - in securities class actions, take-over litigation, and derivative-styled lawsuits brought around the country;
- representing several financial, hedge fund and private equity clients, including Virtu Financial, in employment-related disputes;
- litigation of significant trademark, licensing and contractual disputes for clients such as MTV Networks, Liz Claiborne, Warner Music Group, Voice Age Corporation and Ralph Lauren Corporation;
- representing several major clients - such as Harbinger, Interline Brands, KKR and Olympus Partners - in substantial commercial matters pending in the Delaware Court of Chancery.