Andy is a partner with Stockwell, Sievert, Viccellio, Clements, & Shaddock located in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Mr. McGlathery has been practicing law for 33 years. He practiced in Natchitoches from 1982-1991 and has practiced in Lake Charles from 1991 to the present. He has been a litigator (plaintiff and defense) his entire career.
Mr. McGlathery and Mr. Bernie McLaughlin partnered to form “McLaughlin McGlathery Mediation” (mclaughlinmediators.com) effective January 1, 2015. He previously was a Mediator on the Perry Dampf Dispute Solutions Panel for 8 years.
Andy has conducted more than 1,350 (80%+ Success Rate) mediations throughout Louisiana and in Texas, with extensive experience in complex, multi-party litigation cases. He received formal mediation training, has been an active mediator since 2003, and a full time mediator for 4+ years. He was selected to be a mediator in the Hurricane Mediation Program created by the Louisiana Insurance Commissioner and conducted more than 450 hurricane mediations. He has been selected and appointed by the Courts to serve as a Special Master and as an Umpire in numerous cases.
He is a charter member of the Louisiana Chapter of the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals (www.nadn.org). Members are selected by their peers and bound to meet stringent practice criteria. Membership is by invitation only and limited to Mediators who have proven experience in their field.
Andy has been selected by his peers to be included in The Best Lawyers in America 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 Editions, which is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession.
Martindale-Hubbell: Awarded a rating of “AV” preeminent, representing the highest possible rating by his peers in both legal ability and ethical standards.
He has been selected by his peers to be included in The Best Attorneys in Louisiana for 2013-2016. He was selected by his peers as a Top Lawyer in Acadiana in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 which is published in the Acadiana Profile Magazine.
He was recently selected to the 2016 America’s Most Honored Professionals. This Award recognizes the “Best of the Best” – the TOP 1 % of CEOs, doctors, attorneys, brokers, entrepreneurs, contractors, and individuals from most all industries and professions.
He has been a Speaker on Mediations at a number of Seminars. He has a reputation for always being prepared and for being a relentless worker.
Andy and his wife, Jeanne Baer McGlathery, have four children and two grandchildren.
He enjoys being involved in church activities, spending time with his family, hunting, fishing, and attending sporting events.
- B.A., Northwestern State University (1978)
- J.D., Louisiana State University School of Law (1982)
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS:
- Admitted to practice in all State and Federal Courts in Louisiana
- Served many years as Chairman of a Hearing Committee for the Louisiana State Bar Association Disciplinary Board; previously served on State Court Bench Bar Liaison Committee
- Louisiana Bar Association (Mediation/Arbitration, Insurance, Negligence and Worker's Compensation Sections)
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Southwest Louisiana Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Mediation/Arbitration, Tort, Insurance, Litigation Sections)
- Fellow, Louisiana Bar Foundation
- Kappa Sigma Fraternity
- Who's Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges
- The Rotary Club of Lake Charles
- Delta Theta Phi
- Member of Our Lady Queen of Heaven Church; previously served as School Board Member for Our Lady Queen of Heaven School
- The Chamber/Southwest Louisiana (Graduate of Leadership Program)
$300 Per Hour