Alex Vesselinovitch is a Partner in the Litigation Practice Group.
Alex focuses his practice on civil and criminal litigation involving breach of contract, anti-fraud, intellectual property, and antitrust matters. He also handles domestic and international commercial arbitrations involving various contractual and licensing disputes.
Alex handles a wide variety of complex cases involving both the presentation and defense of fraud, intellectual property, and antitrust claims. He also is experienced in handling federal investigations and conducting internal corporate investigations involving serious allegations of misconduct or fraud and also provides counsel in civil RICO cases.
As a former Deputy Chief of the Criminal Receiving and Appellate Division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Chicago, Alex was lead counsel in many complex multi-defendant trials involving fraud, banking, healthcare, organized crime, and public corruption. He received the Attorney General’s Special Commendation Award and the Department of Justice Special Achievement Award.
Prior to joining Freeborn, Alex was a Partner in the Chicago office of Katten Muchin Rosenman, LLP.
Other Court Admissions
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Tax Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth and Seventh Circuits
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (including Trial Bar)
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin