Whether you're already doing business in Russia or just considering entering the market, managing and defending your intellectual property (IP) rights can be a daunting prospect. So can knowing whether or not you're getting the right IP legal advice. That's where Gowling WLG comes in.
Gowling WLG is one of the world's most respected, experienced and trusted law firms when it comes to protecting and enforcing intellectual property rights. Through our Moscow office, our award-winning team of IP practitioners has worked seamlessly with a global clientele for over two decades to deliver strategic advice in all aspects of IP law throughout Russia and the CIS.
Our clients never have to choose between world-class IP support, local expertise, and outstanding service and value - because our dedicated team in Russia delivers on all counts.
Full-service IP support
As a specialty IP firm, we provide top-tier legal support in all areas of IP law - from patents, trademarks and brand enforcement to IP litigation, strategic portfolio management and market-entry counsel.
Top-ranked IP practitioners
Our Moscow office boasts some of Russia's most highly regarded IP lawyers, litigators, and patent and trademark attorneys, so you can be confident you're getting the advice you need to fully maximise and protect your IP rights.
Our professionals are recognized in many prestigious directories, such as: Best Lawyers in Russia 2017, Who’s Who Legal: Trademarks 2016, Who’s Who Legal: Patents 2016, IAM Patent 1000, Legal 500 EMEA, Chambers Global 2016 and others.
In early 2016, Gowling WLG was named “Russia IP Firm of the Year” by Managing Intellectual Property.
With over 20 years of on-the-ground experience in Russia, we leverage our thorough understanding of the country's IP legal and regulatory environment to help you identify and mitigate risks, reduce administrative obstacles, and achieve your broader business objectives.
Gowling WLG has extensive experience in managing global IP portfolios across a range of industries, and many of our professionals hold specialised expertise in science, engineering and technology. This enables us to better understand your business and help you realise the full value of your IP in the Russian market.
Superior client service & value
We take pride in not only delivering outstanding legal advice, but also exceptional client service and value. This is reflected in the personal, responsive service we provide, in the innovative, tailored solutions we create, and in our commitment to giving you the best-possible value for your legal spend.
Areas of expertise
We offer comprehensive IP advice across a full range of areas, including:
- Patent prosecution
- Trademark and brand enforcement
- IP litigation and dispute resolution
- IP portfolio and asset management
- Domain names
- Advertising, marketing and regulatory affairs
- Media and entertainment
- Licensing and technology transfers
- Trade secrets
- Strategic IP/market entry counselling
Because we've practised IP law in Russia for over twenty years, we hold an unparalleled understanding of the Russian market. Aside from providing world-class IP advice, we can also help coordinate any support you may require in other legal areas, including the facilitation of complex M&A transactions and corporate litigation matters.
To learn more about how we can help you succeed in Russia and beyond, please contact David Aylen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Client service highlights:
- Counsel to Google with respect to trademark and patent portfolio management, as well as IP enforcement matters in Russia and the CIS.
- Counsel to Eli Lilly, Novartis and other leading pharmaceutical companies, protecting their patent portfolios and providing IP litigation services in Russia and throughout the CIS countries
- Counsel to Jaguar Land Rover in trademark prosecution and custom enforcement actions in Russia, Belarus and the Baltics
- Counsel to global car manufacturers such as Volkswagen AG, ŠKODA AUTO S.A. and Audi AG in domain name infringement matters in Russia, including successful legal proceedings related to cybersquatting
- Counsel to numerous global confectionary, food and beverage manufacturers, including MARS and Mondelēz International, providing strategic patent and trademark portfolio management advice in Russia and the CIS countries. Gowling WLG also provides the companies with general IP support on patent and design filing, and conducts freedom-to-operate searches for designs and inventions.
- IP and litigation counsel for Dyson in a patent infringement case before the Russian IP court. Gowling WLG was successful in stopping the import and sale of infringing products.
- Advisers on patent and trademark portfolio management for many Fortune 500 technology companies in Russia.
- Advisers to Russian innovator companies, including ABBYY Software, on the development and protection of their IP portfolios globally.
- Counsel to many global fast-moving consumer goods companies and world-renowned brand owners, successfully representing them against trademark rights violators in the Federal Anti-Monopoly Service and stopping production and distribution of counterfeit products in Russia.