Aldous\Walker provides personalized legal services to individuals and businesses who have been hurt by the misdeeds of others. Led by noted Dallas trial lawyer Charla Aldous, the firm handles cases involving personal injury, business disputes, medical malpractice, products liability and wrongful death.
Early in her legal career, Charla spent many years representing defendants. Her “insider’s knowledge” of the defense side of the docket has proven invaluable to her clients. She understands the “tricks of the trade,” and can anticipate the other side’s moves.
Whether it’s standing up to those who pollute our water, healthcare providers, the pharmaceutical industry, or those simply unwilling to take responsibility for the damage they’ve caused, Charla’s driving goal is to make sure her clients receive the justice they deserve, and to make a positive a difference in their lives.
The immediate past president of the American Board of Trial Advocates-Dallas Chapter, Charla is heavily involved in the legal community. She is a member of the American Association for Justice, Texas Bar Foundation, Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Dallas County Bar Association and Dallas Trial Lawyers Association. She also has earned membership to the prestigious Inner Circle of Advocates, an invitation-only group of 100 of the nation’s top plaintiff lawyers.
In addition to being featured in Best Lawyers in America each year since 2003, Charla earned special recognition as the Best Lawyers Litigator of the Year in Dallas for Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice in 2009 and 2013.
A veteran of more than 100 trials, Charla is routinely recognized among the top trial lawyers in the country. She has earned numerous honors and awards, including:
• Trial Lawyer of the Year (Texas Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates, 2008)
• Top 10 attorneys in the entire state of Texas (Texas Super Lawyers magazine, 2012-2013)
• Top 100 attorneys in Texas (Texas Super Lawyers magazine, 2003-2016)
• Top 50 female attorneys in Texas (Texas Super Lawyers magazine, 2003-2014)
• 500 Leading Plaintiff Lawyers in America (Lawdragon, 2007, 2015)
• Best Lawyers in Dallas (D Magazine, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
• Best Women Lawyers in Dallas (D Magazine, 2010)
• Texas’ Top 5 Personal Injury Attorneys (Texas Lawyer’s “Go-To Guide,” 2007)
• Ten Winning “Lawyers in America” (The National Law Journal, 2005)
• Top 10 Verdicts in the Nation (Lawyers Weekly USA, 2000, 2004)
Charla earned her undergraduate degree from Austin College in Sherman, Texas, where she was honored as the school’s 2007 Distinguished Alumni. She earned her law degree from Southern Methodist University’s Dedman School of Law.
Aldous Walker has a tremendous track record representing clients in cases involving personal injury, business disputes, medical malpractice, products liability or wrongful death. Some of the firm’s most significant cases include work on behalf of:
• The family of a man who died from mesothelioma caused by his exposure to asbestos fibers.
• A doctor in a breach of contract and defamation suit against a hospital and two colleagues.
• A couple after a group of doctors and other medical professionals failed to diagnose cancer for more than a year.
• The family of a teenager who died after being given too much sedative following surgery.
• A couple after the husband was injured in an accident with a dump truck.
• A woman whose child was born with severe brain injury caused during childbirth.
• North Carolina residents in the nation’s first Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether (MTBE) contamination trial.
• A woman and her family after doctors failed to diagnose breast cancer.
• The parents of a child who died from the failure to diagnose an easily treatable condition.
• The family of a man who died from failure to diagnose and treat a stroke.
• A minority shareholder who was shut out by majority shareholders in a closely held corporation.
• An attorney and his firm who were accused of legal malpractice.