Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants Definition
Given our litigious society and stringent regulatory scrutiny from licensing boards (whose mission is to protect the health, safety, and well-being of the public), professionals must be vigilant in protecting their reputations, assets, and their ability to continue providing the best possible service to their patients/clients. Legal professionals, health care providers, and other professionals who have extensive formal training, licensure, and regulation; a code of conduct imposing standards beyond those accepted in the marketplace; and a system of discipline for violation of those standards are particularly vulnerable.
Professional malpractice lawyers can assist with serious and complex professional liability issues any professional may face, including:
- Defense of professional malpractice claims and lawsuits.
- Confidential counsel for lawyers and medical professionals on ethics matters.
- Representation before professional state licensing boards for complaints and disciplinary proceedings.
- Risk management advice for the professional’s practice in an effort to avoid complaints, claims, and litigation.
- Expert witness testimony in disciplinary proceedings, fee disputes, and malpractice actions.
- Analysis, advice and litigation of coverage disputes under professional liability policies and insurance claims.
- Advice and assistance in resolving insurance company disputes and audits of professional services.