Best Lawyers works with leaders in the legal marketplace to keep our practice area lists current, allowing clients and referring lawyers to more easily locate the precise expertise they are seeking.
View region-specific practice areas by first selecting a country from the drop-down below.
Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants
Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants Definition
Given our litigious society and stringent regulatory scrutiny from licensing boards (whose mission is to protect the health, safety, and well-being of the public), professionals must be vigilant in protecting their reputations, assets, and their ability to continue providing the best possible service to their patients/clients. Legal professionals, health care providers, and other professionals who have extensive formal training, licensure, and regulation; a code of conduct imposing standards beyond those accepted in the marketplace; and a system of discipline for violation of those standards are particularly vulnerable.
Professional malpractice lawyers can assist with serious and complex professional liability issues any professional may face, including:
- Defense of professional malpractice claims and lawsuits.
- Confidential counsel for lawyers and medical professionals on ethics matters.
- Representation before professional state licensing boards for complaints and disciplinary proceedings.
- Risk management advice for the professional’s practice in an effort to avoid complaints, claims, and litigation.
- Expert witness testimony in disciplinary proceedings, fee disputes, and malpractice actions.
- Analysis, advice and litigation of coverage disputes under professional liability policies and insurance claims.
- Advice and assistance in resolving insurance company disputes and audits of professional services.
These practice areas are open for nominations but are not yet included in our publications.
Click here to download a PDF of all Practice Areas.