Best Lawyers works with leaders in the legal marketplace to keep our practice area lists current, allowing clients and referring lawyers to more easily locate the precise expertise they are seeking.
View region-specific practice areas by first selecting a country from the drop-down below.
The practice of Planning Law covers a wide range of legal aspects affecting the spatial planning and land use. Thus, it comprises, advice on the following aspects:
• Drafting of legal aspects with regard to urban planning instruments required in Real Estate development operations.
• Preparing and processing of planning instruments.
• Drafting of urban planning management and implementation instruments, in particular, urban agreements.
• Granting of licenses and environmental permits.
• Equitable distribution of land.
• Expropriation proceedings.
• Sanction and disciplinary proceedings.
• Administrative and judicial proceedings:
The proper advice of this area of law requires a very high qualification given that the complexity of the rules governing planning law. Moreover, one of the main problems arising from this area of law is the diversity of rules that have an impact in this field, as there is an Urban Law in each Autonomous Community, and other fields of law are closely linked, such as Environmental Law, Administrative Law, and Civil Law.
Clients typically are property developers, construction companies, public entities, or even particulars.
These practice areas are open for nominations but are not yet included in our publications.
Click here to download a PDF of all Practice Areas.