Mr. Lowell is listed in Best Lawyers in America and named a Massachusetts Super Lawyer.
· Serves as trustee of trusts and charitable foundations.
· Together with personnel from trust department, tax preparation group and Choate Investment Advisors, provides clients with sophisticated income, gift and estate tax planning and investment advice to maximize charitable deductions and minimize taxes.
· Works with Choate Investment Advisors to provide integrated investment, financial planning and estate planning advice to clients regarding their personal assets and retirement accounts, including assuming responsibility for funding their revocable trusts to avoid probate and serving as their trustee.
· Represents public and private company chief executive officers to structure and implement plans to benefit both family members and philanthropic interests.
· Represents multiple generations of client families in coordinating tax and wealth management strategies to benefit future generations.
· Represents several lottery winners in connection with estate planning and individual planning, including the creation and management of trusts and private charitable foundations.
· Creates limited partnerships and limited liability companies for asset protection and wealth preservation purposes.
· Served as court-appointed administrator of complex intestate estate involving abandoned property accounts in multiple jurisdictions.
Publications and Presentations
· “Fixing Crummey Problems,” co-author, Trusts & Estates, July 2012.
· “Changes Ahead,” co-author, Financial Advisor Magazine, December 2010.
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. Lowell is a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel and a member of the Boston Estate Planning Council, the Tax Section of the American Bar Association and the Trusts and Estates Section of the Boston Bar Association. Mr. Lowell serves as a Trustee of the Perkins School for the Blind and WGBH. He also serves as a member of the Corporation of the Museum of Science, Northeastern University and Wheelock College.