Recognized since 2005
Securities / Capital Markets Law
Brinkley is a leading securities and transactional attorney. His securities practice focuses on the routine periodic disclosure obligations of public companies, and his clients include:
- AGCO Corporation
- Arris Group, Inc.
- Zale Corporation
- CompuCredit Corporation
- American Safety Insurance Group, Ltd.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc.
- Belden Inc.
- US 1 Industries
Brinkley also advises a number of other publicly traded companies, including Southern Company, on a more occasional basis, and he regularly advises e-commerce and other start-ups with respect to venture capital and other financing issues.
Brinkley has a significant practice counseling companies (including their audit committees) that are subject to SEC investigations of accounting and other issues and are exposed to potential re-audits and restatements.
In the mergers and acquisitions area, Brinkley has been responsible for over 125 transactions, including five tender offers and acquisitions in over twenty different industries (and often the related equity and commercial financings). Several of these transactions involved the purchase of foreign businesses or had other international components, most often in the European Community.
Contact & Links
- 600 Peachtree Street, NE, Suite 3000
Atlanta, GA 30308
- Emory University, MBA, graduated 1982
- Emory University School of Law , JD, graduated 1982
- Emory University, BBA, graduated 1978
- United States, Georgia
- United States, Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Securities Regulation, Atlanta (2019)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Corporate Law
- Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Securities Regulation
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Compliance
- Corporate Governance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.