Vitaly specialises in tax law and tax disputes. He has extensive experience in participating in tax audit procedures during which the audit materials are examined, and in court disputes regarding the calculation and payment of VAT, profit tax, property tax, personal income tax, and other issues.
- providing advice to a major construction company in the North-West Federal region. As part of this he assessed the tax consequences of a sale and purchase transaction for a land plot which involved a number of Russian and Cyprus companies;
- successfully representing a client in a dispute that involved challenging the results of an audit in terms of whether insurance contributions, including amounts of so-called ‘northern bonuses’ paid to former employees of the company, had been paid correctly;
- defending a major innovative company in a dispute with the tax authority regarding additional tax in transactions with ‘problematic’ counterparties being assessed in the course of a repeated field tax audit;
- providing advice to a foreign company selling healthy lifestyle products with regard to the application of the transfer pricing documentation rules;
- successfully representing a car dealer in a case that involved challenging the claims of the tax authority regarding the VAT base being adjusted when premiums (bonuses) were received from suppliers for fulfilling the agreed conditions regarding volumes of sales and purchases.
What they say:
Clients praise the speed of responses, smooth communication and in-depth advice (Chambers Europe)