Randy Tinsley practices in the fields of environmental law, water rights, mining, and water and sewer utilities. Randy is listed in The Best Lawyers in America in Natural Resources and Environmental Law.
Randy provides businesses, local governments, and individuals with legal advice and strong advocacy, informed by scientific and technical expertise. He handles matters involving water quality, water rights, Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) preparation, state and federal wetlands permitting, mining, reservoir construction, endangered species, essential fish habitat impacts, public trust and coastal permitting issues, groundwater contamination, underground storage tanks, pretreatment, hazardous waste, Superfund, administrative litigation, appellate advocacy, and stakeholder representation in rulemaking.Honors & Awards
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in Environmental Law and Environmental Litigation (2005-2020); Greensboro "Lawyer of the Year" for Environmental Litigation (2015, 2017)
- Recognized by Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business for Environmental Law (2008-2019)
- Recognized by his peers for inclusion in Business North Carolina's "Legal Elite" in Environmental Law (2007, 2014)
- Member, NCBA Environment, Energy & Natural Resources Law Section
- Member, ABA Environment, Energy and Resources Section
- Member, NCBA and ABA Administrative Law Sections
- Member, ABA Public Utility, Communications, and Transportation Section
- Member, America Water Works Association and Water Environment Federation
- Graduate, Triad Leadership Network
- Local Governments: Don't Believe Everything You're Told About FERC or Surface Water Rights. Presented at Water Resources Research Institute Annual Conference.
- Surface Water Rights in North Carolina. Presented at NCBA Environmental & Natural Resources Law Section Annual Meeting.
- Current Litigation and Regulatory Issues Involving the Endangered Species Act. Presented at NCBA Environmental & Natural Resources Law Section Symposium on Endangered Species.