Tim is a shareholder, member of the Gallagher & Kennedy board of directors and head of the firm’s Tax Law practice. For over 20 years, Tim has focused his practice in all areas of federal tax law, with an emphasis on partnerships, limited liability companies, C and S corporations, real estate, international taxation, and civil tax controversy. He provides tax planning, structuring and documentation for business and individual clients, including joint ventures and tax-exempt organizations.
Since 2007, Tim has been consistently recognized as a Best Lawyer by Best Lawyers in America, and has earned the Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating. In 2013, he was recognized in Az Business Magazine’s list of “Arizona’s Top Lawyers.” Tim is also a certified public accountant.
- Providing tax planning, structuring, and documentation for business and real estate joint ventures organized as LLCs, LLPs, general and limited partnerships, and general business corporations, including joint ventures with international investors.
- Providing tax planning, structuring, and documentation for acquisitions, mergers, sales, and restructuring of LLCs, LLPs, general and limited partnerships, and general business corporations.
- Providing sophisticated tax planning and consulting for business and individual clients.
- Providing representation of businesses and individuals in civil controversies at audit, appeals, and the United States Tax Court and in tax collection matters.
- Providing tax planning, structuring, and documentation for tax-exempt organizations.