A dynamic and accomplished lawyer, Tim is seasoned in estate and succession planning, corporate and personal tax planning and mergers and acquisitions. He is recognized as a leading tax lawyer by Best Lawyers in Canada.
Tim is a lifelong learner, devoting himself to the study of tax to align his expertise with the continual shifts in legislation.
When completing his Bachelor of Laws at the University of Alberta, he won prestigious academic awards, including the Canadian Petroleum Tax Society Award for the highest mark in Corporate Taxation and the Criminal Trial Lawyers’ Association Prize for excellence in Evidence.
Tim has contributed pivotal research to national tax organizations, such as the Canadian Tax Foundation, Canadian Bar Association, CPA Alberta and the Federated Press.
As a committed community member, Tim is a Director for Little Warriors, a Canadian charitable organization committed to the awareness, prevention and treatment of child sexual abuse.
- In-Depth Tax Course (Parts I, II & III), CPA Canada
- Called to the Alberta Bar, 2004
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) (with Distinction), University of Alberta, 2003
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Comm) (with Distinction), University of Alberta, 1999
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Edmonton Community Foundation Endowment Development Committee
- Member, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Past Chair, Canadian Tax Foundation Young Practitioners’ Group Steering Committee (Edmonton)
- Past Advisor, Canadian Tax Foundation Board of Governors