Recognized since 2007
Tom serves as the firm’s Managing Shareholder. His practice is concentrated in the areas of corporate and business matters, labor and employment and school law. He has had primary responsibility for legal matters for companies ranging from sole proprietorships to international corporations with over $2 billion in annual sales. In addition, Tom supports the legal departments of national and international companies. He has worked extensively in a wide variety of business matters including mergers and acquisitions, shareholder agreements, succession planning, financing, general contracts and franchising.
Tom’s labor and employment practice includes general employment advice, executive employment agreements, severance agreements and non-competition agreements. In addition to businesses involved in manufacturing, distribution, retail, services and other industries, Tom’s clients also include many non-profit corporations and associations.
Education law is an important element of Tom’s practice. He serves as solicitor to Mt. Lebanon School District and has been involved in all aspects of public education law for over 30 years. He has served as labor counsel and special counsel for many area municipalities and school districts. Tom’s school and municipal practice includes public sector labor and employment law, student matters, bidding and public contracts, tax assessment/collection and public sector finance.
Contact & Links
- One PPG Place, Suite 1500
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- University of Pittsburgh, JD
- Gannon University, BA
- Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association gender Equality Committee - Member
- Vistage International - Member
- Mt. Lebanon Civil Service Board - Past member and president
- Pennsylvania State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Education Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America® in the Education Law Category.
- Selected for inclusion as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer® in Business/Corporate.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.