- Litigated more than 39 class/collective action cases
- Tried 11 class action/EEOC cases
- Tried at least 46 EEO cases (non-class actions)
- Tried at least 21 EEO jury trials
- Tried at least 4 wrongful discharge/breach of contract jury trials
- Argued 46 cases to various Courts of Appeals and won a case before the U. S. Supreme Court.
- Tried well over 100 arbitrations and hearings before federal and state administrative agencies
Tom previously held significant governmental positions with the U.S. Department of Labor (1968-1971); Deputy Counsel for Litigation, Labor Management Laws, 1970 and Special Counsel to the Solicitor, 1971. Tom also is a frequent national speaker on labor and employment matters and is an Adjunct Professor of Law at Case Western Reserve University School of Law.