Thomas D. Kearns
Recognized since 2019
New York, New York
Real Estate Law
Thomas D. Kearns has significant experience in both real estate and corporate law.
Tom represents owners, operators and developers in the acquisition, development, leasing and financing of office, residential and retail properties. He has extensive experience with joint venture, LLC, tenant-in-common and other agreements between co-venturers, and has negotiated and drafted sophisticated commercial condominium documents and ground leases. Tom has been one of the most active practitioners in the purchase, turnaround and sale of Manhattan office buildings.
Tom is highly knowledgeable regarding the impact of federal and state securities laws on real estate and has lectured and written on the regulatory changes in process due to the recently passed federal JOBS Act including the relaxation of the general solicitation limits under Reg D and the pending crowdfunding rules.
He also regularly represents professional athletes and sports executives and other high-net-worth individuals in their residential transactions in New York.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Direct Phone Number: 212-451-2273
- Phone Number: 212-451-2300
- Lawyer Page: https://www.olshanlaw.com/attorneys-Thomas-Kearns.html
- 1325 Avenue of the Americas, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10019
- Fordham University, J.D., graduated 1984
- Fordham University, M.B.A., graduated 1979
- Fordham University, B.A., graduated 1976
- American Bar Association - Member
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- Real Property Section of the American Bar Association - Various leadership roles - most recently as Book Editor
10 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
2 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
- Real Estate Law
- Tom has been selected by his peers for inclusion in the The Best Lawyers in America in the field of Real Estate Law, 2019, 2020 and 2021.
- Tom has been consistently named to the New York Super Lawyers list, a Thomson Reuters lawyer rating service, since 2006.
- Tom was elected a Fellow of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers (ACREL), Class of 2015.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.