Ted Rast works with owners, lenders, tenants, investors and developers on traditional real estate assets and substantial multi-state transactions. With extensive experience with transactions involving retail, industrial, office and institutional properties, he regularly counsels clients on business and legal aspects of commercial real estate related to acquisition, financing, leasing, zoning and development. He also serves regularly as a Superior Court mediator.
Mr. Rast practiced with a firm in Cleveland, Ohio before joining Moore & Van Allen in 1979.
- Trustee and the Founding Board Chair, Trinity Episcopal School
- Chair, the Mecklenburg Council on Aging
- Member, Board of Trustees, the Foundation of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Former board member, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Education Foundation and United Way of Central Carolinas
- Past President, Thompson Children’s Home
- Past President, Charlotte Speech and Hearing Center
- Served on active duty with the U.S. Navy as a surface warfare officer