Steven Aaron is a member of Dentons' Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice, with a focus on White Collar and Government Investigations defense.
A former assistant state prosecutor in Jackson County, Kansas City, MO, Steve has more than 23 years of courtroom experience defending clients in criminal prosecutions and government
Steve's practice covers a widely diverse subject matter including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA); the False Claims Act (FCA); consumer protection and unfair trade practices, including Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA); mortgage fraud and payday loan practices; Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA); and business torts, among many others.
In addition, Steve has represented companies and individuals in the healthcare, financial services, construction and retail sectors, among others, in criminal and regulatory investigations and proceedings conducted by federal agencies and/or their state and local counterparts, including the:
- US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Office of Inspector General (OIG), US Department of Health and Human ServicesUS Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- US Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- US Federal Election Commission (FEC)
- US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)