Recognized since 2009
Steve Schweitzer served as the Associate Judge of the 308th Family District Court of Harris County, Texas for eleven years before joining the Fullenweider Firm in 1994 as a family law specialist.
After graduating from Texas Tech University, Mr. Schweitzer attended the University of Houston Law Center and received his law degree in 1977. He is licensed by the Texas Supreme Court and is authorized to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, as well as all Courts of the State of Texas. Mr. Schweitzer has been Board Certified as a specialist in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 1987.
Mr. Schweitzer is a past Director and Treasurer of the Gulf Coast Family Law Specialists. He has served as a faculty member of the State Bar of Texas and as a lecturer for South Texas College of Law and the University of Houston Law Center. Mr. Schweitzer's memberships include the American Bar Association; State Bar of Texas - Family Law and Litigation Sections; Houston Bar Association—Family Law Section; Gulf Coast Family Law Specialists; Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists. He is currently a committee member of the American Bar Association Family Law Section.
- Areas of Practice:
- Litigation Percentage: 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Certification/Specialties: Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1987
- Bar Admissions: Texas U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Education: University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas, 1977
- Professional Associations and Memberships: Gulf Coast Family Law Specialists Past Director and Treasurer
American Bar Association Member
State Bar of Texas, Family Law and Litigation Sections Member
Houston Bar Association, Family Law Section Member
Gulf Coast Family Law Specialists Member
Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists Member
American Bar Association, Family Law Section Member
- Past Employment Positions: 308th Family District Court of Harris County, Texas, Associate Judge
Texas, Family Law Specialist
Contact & Links
- 515 Post Oak Boulevard, Suite 800
Houston, TX 77027
- Texas, 1978
- Gulf Coast Family Law Specialists - Past Director
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Family Law
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Community Property
- Conversion of Marital Assets
- Domestic Relations
- Marital Settlement Agreements
- Prenuptial Agreements
- "Super Lawyers", Texas Monthly Magazine, 2003,2004,2008-2016
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.