Prior to joining Kramer Rayson, Mr. Kramer served as Vice President of Human Resources and General Counsel for AGC Glass North America from 1990 to 2002. In addition to his responsibilities over HR and Legal, Mr. Kramer managed the Quality (ISO/TS16949) programs at AGC Glass N.A. He was in private practice for 10 years before joining AGC.
Mr. Kramer’s experience within the Employment and Labor practice includes:
· Managing over 50 successful labor campaigns for employers in manufacturing, healthcare, trucking, construction, and dairy; defeating union campaigns by the UAW, Steelworkers, Teamsters, Machinists, et al.
· Successfully negotiated over 100 labor contracts in the above industries, saving clients millions of dollars in achieving operational flexibility and efficiency, and over the past several years a substantial part of Mr. Kramer’s practice has been devoted to negotiating wage concessions, increased health care, and frozen pensions in a difficult business environment. The contracts were negotiated across Tennessee, Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, and Canada.
· Managed six successful decertification campaigns in the above industries.
· Tried over 100 Labor Arbitration cases.
· Represented employers in nearly every type of discrimination claim possible under state and federal law.
· Handled more than 25 non-compete cases to enforce client employment contracts · Successfully guiding numerous employers through complex Reductions in Force (RIF) cases and corporate reorganizations
Corporate and Transactional practice:
· Mr. Kramer, in both his private law practice and as Vice President of HR and General Counsel for a $1 billion+ multi-national company (5000 employees), has counseled senior management teams through a wide variety of business strategies, acquisitions, reorganizations, RIFs, and senior management transitions.
Sports Law practice:
· Principal focus is providing counsel to several coaches and athletic directors on employment contract related issues.
"Noel Canning v. NLRB: Picking Teams During "Recess"
Kramer Rayson LLP e-Newsletter - Labor and Employment Journal, March 2013
"The NLRB Has Taken a Sharp Left"
Kramer Rayson LLP e-Newsletter - Labor and Employment Journal, December 2010
Mr. Kramer has conducted management, supervisory, and employee training programs on virtually every aspect of employment law, including EEO/ADA/FMLA, harassment training, union avoidance, and maintaining a high performance, pro-employee work environment.
His most recent program to a bar association was, "Current Sports Law Issues Meet Traditional Labor and Employment Law," addressing NFL contract talks and the employment contracts of collegiate coaches such as Lane Kiffin, Bruce Pearl, Nick Saban, and others.