Stephen is a partner in the firm's Construction & Infrastructure group and has over 15 years' experience in the legal industry.
Stephen specialises in infrastructure and construction law, with particular experience in major building and infrastructure projects, PPPs, and energy and resources projects. Stephen’s experience includes front-end procurement and drafting advice as well as dispute management and representation, involving domestic and international projects.
His experience includes:
- advising 31 municipal councils on the procurement of waste to energy facilities
- advising a consortium on all aspects of its bid for Sydney International Convention, Exhibition and Entertainment Centre PPP
- advising a consortium on its bid for the Sunshine Coast University Hospital PPP
- advising financiers in relation to the O&M contracts for Lane Cove Tunnel project
- advising financiers in relation to the widening and refinancing of the M5 toll road in New South Wales
- advising equity participants in relation to all construction, operation and connection aspects of a project financed 106 MW wind farm in Bald Hills
- advising the EPC and O&M contractor in relation to its successful tender for Australia’s first utility scale 10MW PV solar project in Greenough River, WA
- advising the project sponsors in relation to the construction of a 131MW wind farm in Mt Mercer, Victoria and connection to the Victorian transmission network
- advising a leading multinational company on the development of a large range of processing plant projects throughout Europe, including numerous combined heat and power plants
- advising project sponsors in relation to the expansion of the Tamar Valley gas-fired power plant
- advising a leading international communications company in relation to bids for satellite communication systems and services as part of the National Broadband Network and for the Australian Defence Force
- advising the project sponsor on construction aspects of the project financing of a US$65 million gold mine in Burkina Faso, including the termination of the EPCM contractor in connection with the construction and development of the project
- advising the project sponsor for a copper and gold mine in South Australia, a nickel mine project in Turkey and for the financiers of a gold, copper, zinc and silver deposit in Eritrea
- advising Inter-American Development Bank on the USD $500 million financing of a semisubmersible drilling vessel to be operated under charter in Brazil
- advising the Panama Canal Authority in relation to all aspects of the $5.25 billion expansion project, including advising on the proposed tender and procurement processes, security package as well as advising on administrative issues and disputes during the design and construction phase of the project.