Stephen Walsh joined Adams and Reese in 2002 and is a Partner in the Birmingham office and a member of the Special Business Services Practice Group. His practice focuses on advising and representing companies, officers, and directors in a broad array of business and litigation matters. This includes contract negotiation, as well as general business and complex litigation, with an emphasis on labor and employment litigation, consumer finance and real estate litigation, and the defense of professional liability claims, including D&O, E&O, and shareholder disputes.
Stephen is an experienced trial lawyer and represents clients in litigation and arbitration throughout the Southeast. He is heavily involved in the manufacturing, construction, transportation, financial services, real estate, and mortgage industries. He also handles employment and business litigation in state and federal courts and before the governing administrative agencies, such as the EEOC, DOL, and OSHA. These cases involve all aspects of the employment relationship, contract disputes, construction litigation, trade secret disputes, intellectual property litigation, and covenant not to compete litigation, as well as general business and shareholder disputes and related insurance defense litigation.
In addition to his litigation practice, Stephen also has extensive experience negotiating contracts, including software license agreements, nondisclosure agreements, statements of work, professional services and master agreements on behalf of financial services institutions, manufacturers, contractors, engineering firms, construction companies, and staffing companies.
Stephen's representative experience includes:
- Significant experience negotiating software license, service provider agreements, and contracts and advising clients on vendor management issues and strategies.
- Director and officer liability and errors and omissions claim litigation.
- His role as lead attorney in the representation of mortgage companies, brokers, and loan servicers in litigation and arbitration throughout the Southeast.
- Defense of consumer class actions and bankruptcy adversary proceedings.
- Representation of businesses in trade secret and non-compete litigation. Representation of manufacturing, construction, and trucking companies in employment and commercial litigation.
- Advising companies on labor and employment matters and representing employers in litigation, arbitration, and mediation with current and former employees and various administrative agencies.
Stephen is a faculty member of the Alabama Bar Institute’s CLE Employment Law Planning Committee and also serves on the UAB College of Arts and Sciences Leadership Council. In 2009, he participated in Leadership UAB and was also awarded the Outstanding Alumnus Award by the UAB School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics. Stephen has also completed Project Corporate Leadership and volunteers with Junior Achievement and the Birmingham Volunteer Lawyers Program.