Siobhan practices in all areas of Canadian tax law with an emphasis on cross-border transactions. Appointed Queen’s Counsel in 2020, she is especially skilled at international tax planning, understanding the intricacies between the laws of each country.
Before becoming a lawyer, Siobhan earned her Certified Management Accountant designation and practiced accounting across a variety of industries.
Siobhan was called to the Alberta bar in 1998, after clerking with the Alberta Court of Appeal and Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta. She received a Master of Laws (US Taxation) from Southern Methodist University in 2000.
Siobhan has been a partner with Felesky Flynn since 2004, acting as co-managing partner from 2016 to 2018. As an avid globetrotter, her multifaceted thinking offers a worldly perspective to tax law.
Siobhan has written and presented on numerous tax topics for the Canadian Bar Association, the Canadian Tax Foundation and the International Fiscal Association, while also serving a sessional instructor at the University of Calgary, Faculty of Law. She is recognized as a leading tax lawyer by Best Lawyers in Canada.
- Called to the Alberta Bar, 1998
- Clerked at the Alberta Court of Appeal and the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta
- Master of Laws (LL.M), Southern Methodist University, 2000
- Juris Doctor (JD), University of Calgary, 1997
- Awarded the William A. McGillivray Gold Medal in Law
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Petroleum Tax Society
- Member of The Joint Committee on Taxation of The Canadian Bar Association and The Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants