Sergey Vodolagin is an expert in Russian civil and business law, author of numerous publications on the legal protection of economic rights of entrepreneurs, protection of private property in Russia, and co-author of a number of textbooks on civil law and business law of Russia.
Vodolagin specializes in mergers and acquisitions, advice to Russian and foreign companies on the legal aspects of investment projects in Russia.
He has 25 years of track record in dispute resolution in Russian courts, as well as in international commercial arbitration.
- Arbitrator of Maritime Arbitration Commission at the Chamber of Commerce and of the Russian Federation
- 1996 –Doctor’s degree in the Moscow State Institute of International Relations (University) of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, defending the thesis on the topic "Constitutional Protection of Private Property".
- 1996 – Internship at the Faculty of Law Paris 1 (Sorbonne);
- 1998 –was invited as Visiting Scholar at the British Academy at King's College London.
- Since 2003- Lecturer at the Faculty of International Law of Moscow State Institute of International Relations of the Russian Federation on civil and business law of Russia.