To his clients, Russ Sizemore is a problem solver. With a focus on employment law, Russ serves as an extended member of his clients’ human resources departments, providing legal counsel on a range of employment issues and litigating complex employment cases.
A true partner, Russ invests the time to deeply understand his clients’ business models and corporate cultures. He appreciates that clients often face time-sensitive challenges and need an attorney they can turn to on short notice. He is known for his responsiveness and ability to quickly assess complicated situations and devise pragmatic solutions.
Russ routinely advises his clients on issues such as:
- Compliance risk management
- Restrictive covenants such as non-compete agreements
- Wage and hour issues
- High-profile executive departures
- Trade secret protection
- Workplace policies and agreements
- Pre-litigation negotiations
Extensive Litigation Experience
Russ has successfully defended employers in a wide range of employment discrimination actions, wrongful termination actions, and wage and hour cases, in both individual and collective action settings. His clients know they can rely on him to craft a compelling defense and appropriate litigation strategy as circumstances require.
- 1998 Pro-Bono Attorney of the Year, Mecklenburg County Bar and the Children's Law Center
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated