Recognized since 2015
Administrative / Regulatory Law
Civil Rights Law
First Amendment Law
Roopali is a partner in the firm’s litigation group, focusing her practice in the areas of complex civil litigation, political law, and civil appeals. Her practice involves representing clients at all stages of litigation in state and federal court, in front of administrative agencies, and in arbitration proceedings. Her clients include large and small businesses, non-profits, and political campaigns and parties. Roopali’s business clients rely on her experience and her creative approach to litigating when they need help resolving disputes in a variety of areas, including contracts, business torts, trade secrets, real estate, partnership, and products. She also regularly assists her clients in obtaining time-sensitive relief, including temporary and preliminary injunctive relief, expedited appeals, and special actions.
Roopali is also a leading election lawyer in Arizona. Her political law practice involves advising clients on all aspects of election law including campaign finance compliance, disclosure and reporting requirements, and bringing and defending election challenges. Roopali is especially known for her experience representing initiative, referendum, and recall campaigns, and has served as legal counsel for numerous successful statewide and local measures. She is experienced in drafting ballot language and preparing initiative and referendum petitions, and is experienced in defending and prosecuting various types of pre- and post-election challenges to initiatives, referendum, and recalls, including seeking injunctive relief. Roopali’s political law clients include federal, state, and local candidates; political party organizations and clubs; independent expenditure committees; ballot measure sponsors, supporters, and opponents; corporate, union, and trade association PACs; nonprofit organizations; and governmental entities such as counties, cities, towns, and special districts.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.cblawyers.com/attorneys/roopali-desai/
- 2800 North Central Avenue, Suite 1900
Phoenix, AZ 85004
- The University of Arizona , J.D.
- The University of Arizona, B.A. Women's Studies
- University of Arizona, M.P.H.
- American Bar Association - Member
- American Civil Liberties Union - Arizona Board of Directors (January 2014 to pesent) - Member
- American Health Lawyers Association - Member
- Arizona Center for Law in the Public Interest Board of Directors (2008 to present) - Member
- Arizona Center for Law in the Public Interest Board of Directors (June 2015 to present) - President
- Maricopa County Bar Association - Member
- New Pathways for Youth Board of Directors (September 2015 to present) - Member
- State Bar of Arizona - Member
- United States Court of Appeals
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Civil Rights Law, Phoenix (2023)
- Civil Rights Law, Phoenix (2021)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Appellate Practice
- Administrative / Regulatory Law
- Civil Rights Law
- First Amendment Law
- Super Lawyers (Southwest), "Rising Star" (2014 to 2015)
- Best Lawyers, Commercial Litigation (2016)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.