Robert P. Riordan
Recognized in:Employment Law - ManagementLitigation - Labor and Employment
Law School:Duke University
Location:One Atlantic Center, Suite 49001201 West Peachtree StreetAtlanta, GA 30309-3424
- Duke University, J.D., graduated 1984
- Duke University, AB, graduated 1980
- Georgia, State Bar of Georgia
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Employment Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
Level 20 Bastion Tower
Five Place du Champ De Mars
32 2 550 3700
West Wing, Suite 21B2
No. 7 Guanghua Road
86 10 8592 7500
1950 University Avenue, Fifth Floor
East Palo Alto, CA 94303-2282
333 South Hope Street, 16th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071-3004
560 Mission Street, Suite 2100
San Francisco, CA 94105-0912
District of Columbia
District of Columbia
The Atlantic Building
950 F Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004-1404
90 Park Avenue, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10016-1387
Bank of America Plaza, Suite 4000
101 South Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28280-4000
4721 Emperor Boulevard, Suite 400
Durham, NC 27703-8580
2828 North Harwood Street, 18th Floor
Dallas, TX 75201-2139
Attorney Case History
- Lead counsel in the defense of a California class action brought against a records imaging company accused of violating laws relating to overtime, expense reimbursement and meal break requirements.
- Lead counsel in the defense of FLSA “Blackberry” overtime claims in consolidated Florida mass actions brought against a staffing company; certification denied.
- Lead counsel in an insurance industry off-the-clock collective overtime action in Maine.
- Lead counsel in arbitration involving multi-million dollar sports sponsorship dispute.
- Lead counsel in obtaining summary judgment for a Fortune 15 company accused of wrongfully backing out of an alleged joint venture related to a discount drug program.
- Lead counsel in False Claims Act whistleblower retaliation dispute involving allegations of improper conduct relating to FDA medical device approval process.
- Co-lead counsel in multiple FLSA-based “call center” overtime cases consolidated for hearing in Georgia; certification denied.
- Lead counsel in the defense of a former CEO of a medical billing company sued together with the company for the alleged wrongful termination of services to former customers.
- Lead defense counsel in the defense of an expansive Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower claim resulting in a 185-page order granting complete summary judgment to a leading revenue cycle management company and several of its managers.
- Co-lead counsel in the successful prosecution of a TRO and preliminary injunction action against a competitor attempting a “liftout” in the financial services industry.
- Lead counsel in prosecuting a trade secrets and unfair competition case resulting in a favorable settlement after ten days of jury trial.
- Lead counsel in the defense of multimillion-dollar claims brought under a contractual earn-out provision leading to an award far less than the pre-arbitration demand and less than offered on the eve of arbitration.
- Complete defense verdict in a Title VII and Section 1981 race discrimination and retaliation case brought against an international package delivery company.
- Lead counsel in obtaining a favorable DOL determination in a Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower proceeding brought against an international manufacturer of airbag components.
- Lead appellate counsel in obtaining a reversal of an order certifying a Rule 23 class in a vacation day dispute.
- Obtained a directed verdict for an international package delivery company after one week of jury trial in a Title VII and Section 1981 retaliation case.