Mr. Pomeroy's practice focuses on electricity and energy issues throughout the Rocky Mountain West. He has served as legal counsel for the largest and most well-established coalitions of electric consumers and independent power producers in Colorado and Wyoming, and, with others in Holland & Hart's regional network, has represented consumers and independent power producers and companies throughout the West.
Mr. Pomeroy has appeared before the public utilities commissions in Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Montana, New Mexico and Idaho. He has won cases for his electricity clients before the Colorado and Wyoming Supreme Courts (including a unanimous ruling disallowing recovery from consumers of $91 million in improper energy crisis costs).
He has represented clients in power project development and the purchase or sale of electricity. He has saved his electric consumer clients hundreds of millions of dollars in power costs and has helped open wholesale electric markets in the West to new competitive business opportunities for independent power producers.
PROFESSIONAL AWARDS AND ACTIVITIES
- Best Lawyers in America for well over a decade
- 5280 Magazine's "Denver's Top Lawyers" for energy and public utilities law
- "Best Attorney - Centennial, Colorado" by Colorado Community Newspapers
- "Best Renewable Energy Lawyer" by Law Week Colorado
- Mr. Pomeroy serves as Chair of Holland & Hart's Energy & Telecommunications Practice Group.