Legal counsel to many real estate developers and as the former corporate counsel to the Rhode Island Economic Development Corporation (RIEDC) and the Rhode Island Senate Committees on Finance and Corporations, Rob Stolzman knows real estate, land use, government affairs and municipal law inside and out. That in-depth knowledge helps him find fast, practical solutions and efficient strategies for his corporate, privately-held business and governmental clients in both transactions and disputes. He has represented developers of power plants, hospitals, hotels, residential housing, retail centers and industrial parks. He guided the RIEDC’s acquisition of former Navy bases at Quonset and Davisville and has shepherded numerous projects for national and local clients through regulatory and governmental agencies, from local zoning boards to federal bureaucracies—processes that required extensive legal knowledge, common sense, diplomacy and trust. Rob also serves both trade associations and private businesses as a registered lobbyist, and has drafted and assisted with the passage of a wide range of business legislation.
- Washington and Lee University , J.D., graduated 1986
- Bridgewater College, BA, graduated 1983
- Rhode Island, Rhode Island Bar Association
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Real Estate Law, Providence (2018)
- Public Finance Law, Providence (2017)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Public Finance Law
- Real Estate Law
- Elected Fellow of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers.
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in the 2006 – 2013 editions of The Best Lawyers in America® in the field of Real Estate Law.
- Recognized in the Chambers USA America’s Leading Business Lawyers as one of the best in Real Estate Law.
- Named a Rhode Island Super Lawyer, 2007 - 2012, an honor that recognizes him as a leader in the legal community.
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell, highest rating given to attorneys.
- At Washington and Lee University School of law, a Martin P. Burks teaching fellow and Rutgers Award winner for best brief team in the nation in the Jessup International Moot Court Competition.
Adler Pollock & Sheehan P.C.
One Citizens Plaza, Eighth Floor
Providence, RI 02903-1345
2 Office Locations
in 1 Country