Robert B. Pincus represents and advises clients in a wide variety of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, unsolicited takeovers and restructurings. Mr. Pincus also has extensive experience advising clients and other lawyers in the firm on Delaware law aspects of transactions and fiduciary duty and corporate governance matters.
Representations and transactions include:
- Hughes Telematics in its $730 million acquisition by Verizon Communications Inc.;
- Hayes Lemmerz International, Inc. in its $725 million acquisition by Iochpe Holdings LLC, the North American subsidiary of Iochpe-Maxion S.A., a Brazilian wheels and chassis maker;
- Windstream Corporation in its $2.3 billion acquisition of PAETEC Holding Corp. Both companies are telecommunications and Internet services providers;
- Wilmington Trust Corporation in its merger with M&T Bank Corporation;
- McKechnie Aerospace in its acquisition by TransDigm Group Incorporated;
- OSI Pharmaceuticals in connection with an unsolicited offer by, and ultimate sale to, Astellas Pharma Inc.;
- Windstream Corporation in its acquisition of Iowa Telecommunications Services, Inc.;
- JLL Partners and Warburg Pincus in the recapitalization of Builders FirstSource, Inc.;
- Gyrocam Systems LLC in its acquisition by Lockheed Martin;
- Centennial Communications Inc. in its acquisition by AT&T;
- Applied Biosystems in its acquisition by Invitrogen Corporation;
- Applera Inc. in the split-off of its Celera division;
- Residential Capital LLC in its 2008 debt tender and exchange offers;
- HealthSouth Corporation in the sale of its surgery and outpatient rehabilitation divisions;
- Windstream Corporation in the split-off of its directory publishing business;
- Alltel Corporation in the spin-off of its wireline business and the merger of that business with Valor Communications Group;
- NRG Energy, Inc. in its response to an unsolicited offer by Mirant Corporation;
- Alltel Corporation in its acquisition of Western Wireless Corporation;
- NRG Energy in its acquisition of Texas Genco LLC;
- Corporation Service Company in numerous acquisitions;
- AngoDynamics, Inc. in its acquisition of Rita Medical, Inc.;
- Dial Corporation in its acquisition by Henkel AG; and
- Iasis Healthcare Corporation in its acquisition by TPG.
Additionally, Mr. Pincus has represented JLL Partners in connection with numerous acquisitions and recapitalizations, including its acquisition of a majority interest in Ace Cash Express; BioClinica, Inc.; CHI Overhead Doors, Inc.; CoreLab Partners, Inc; FC Holdings, Inc.; McKechnie Aerospace; PGT Industries; and Patheon Incorporated. He also has advised a large number of the portfolio companies of private equity funds in various sale, financing, restructuring and other transactions. Mr. Pincus also has assisted a number of corporations in connection with the corporate aspects of financial restructurings, including HealthSouth Corporation and Hayes Lemmerz International Corporation.
Mr. Pincus leads the corporate practice in the firm’s Wilmington, Delaware, office, where he is based. He repeatedly has been selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and The Best Lawyers in America.