Robert A. Lehodey, Q.C.
Recognized in:Corporate LawMergers & Acquisitions Law...
Location:TransCanada Tower, Suite 2500450 First Street, SWCalgary, AB T2P 5H1
- Alberta, Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Law Society of Alberta - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Corporate Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions Law
- Securities Law
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory : Private Equity; Corporate Commercial
- Lead with representing the consortium of purchasers of the Phoenix Coyotes National Hockey League franchise in connection with all Canadian legal matters, including the overall ownership governance structure and cross border tax structuring.
- Tristone Capital Global Inc. in the $115 million sale of that company to Macquarie Capital Group.
- Independent directors of Insignia Energy Ltd. in the acquisition of the 29% public minority interest by the controlling shareholder, Brookfield Capital Partners Ltd.
- Independent directors of Cordero Energy Inc. in the competitive $140 million acquisition of that company by Ember Resources Inc.
- Numerous public offerings of common and flow-through shares by way of short form prospectus for various issuers including MGM Energy Corp. and Delphi Energy Corp.
- Delphi Energy Corp. in its friendly acquisition by way of take-over bid of Fairmount Energy Inc. and the following subsequent amalgamation squeeze out transaction.
- Esprit Energy Trust in its friendly merger with Pengrowth Energy Trust resulting in a combined enterprise value at over $6 billion.
- Transco Energy Services Ltd. on its $345 million (excluding debt) sale to Flint Energy Services Ltd.
- Numerous private placement equity financings (straight and flow-through common shares) for various private issuers including Steel Reef Infrastructure Corp., Laricina Energy Ltd., Avant Garde Energy Corp. and Temple Energy Ltd.
- The Special Committee of Calloway Real Estate Income Trust’s Board of Directors in its acquisition of $1.2 billion of real estate assets from a related unit holder.
- Synenco Energy Inc., an oil sands company, in its $275 million initial public offering of common shares.
- Deer Creek Energy Limited in its $160 million initial public offering of common shares in July of 2004 and the subsequent competitive $1.7 billion acquisition of that company by Total S.A., in September 2005.
TransCanada Tower, Suite 2500
450 First Street, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1700
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
340 Albert Street, Suite 1900
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
620 Eighth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10018