R. Todd Silliman concentrates on representing clients in regulatory matters, environmental litigation, and transactions involving commercial real estate.
Mr. Silliman is a member of the American Arbitration Association’s roster of arbitrators for environmental and other commercial disputes.
- Represented the State of Georgia in litigation, interstate negotiations, and regulatory matters in so-called “Tri-State Water Wars” with Alabama, Florida, and the United States Government. Cases involved claims under Administrative Procedure Act, Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, and National Environmental Policy Act.
- Represented a paper manufacturer in state enforcement actions regarding industrial stormwater permit.
- Represented a chemical company in investigation of violations of industrial pretreatment permit.
- Counseled a county government in its acquisition, financing, and permitting of water and wastewater infrastructure.
- Counseled underwriters in compliance reviews of water and wastewater facilities for bond financings.
- Represented developers in regulatory enforcement actions under the Clean Water Act, Georgia Water Quality Control Act, Erosion and Sedimentation Act, and Coastal Marshlands Protection Act.
- Represented landowners in negotiation of partnership in wetlands mitigation bank.
- Represented chemical manufacturer in federal court litigation by non-governmental organization challenging manufacturer’s Clean Air Act Title V permit.
- Assisted independent power producer in obtaining federal and state air permits.
- Represented food manufacturer in obtaining Title V and state SIP operating air permits.
- Counseled lender on potential air quality compliance issues associated with industrial borrower.
- Counseled independent power producer in Clean Air Act rulemaking.
- Represented the State of Georgia as intervenor in litigation challenging effect of federal reservoirs on federally-protected species.
- Counseled a developer in creation of endangered species protection plan.
- Served as environmental counsel to major waste management company in acquisition and permitting of new landfill.
- Represented a developer in negotiation of lease of landfill for construction of golf course.
- Represented industrial clients in SARA Title III (EPCRA) enforcement actions concerning allegedly inadequate Form R filings.
- Counseled client on SARA Title III reporting of spills.
- Represented potentially responsible parties in litigation and mediation related to Superfund sites throughout the United States and on properties subject to listing under the Georgia Hazardous Site Response Act.
- Represented clients on environmental liabilities in acquisition of BRAC (former military) sites.
- Represented clients in negotiation of Brownfield agreements and environmental insurance policies.
- Represented the world’s leading manufacturer of conveyor belts in regulatory issues associated with manufacture and marketing of antimicrobial belts.
- Represented chemicals manufacturer in contract disputes and ongoing regulatory issues.
- Represented industrial clients in SARA Title III (EPCRA) enforcement actions.