A seasoned litigator and certified mediator, Phil Brown handles complex disputes—in business, trade secret, employment, zoning, security and appellate cases—with creative and effective strategies that have won him the respect of other attorneys and the appreciation of his wide-ranging clients, both plaintiffs and defendants. Since his career began over 20 years ago at the internationally recognized law firm Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, Phil's skills have helped him achieve success in high-stakes cases in trial and appellate courts and before state boards and state/federal agencies. Whatever situation is presented, Phil keenly analyzes problems and devises creative yet practical solutions that work to resolve complicated legal issues. His lengthy track record of success testifies to those skills. He is also adept at evaluating potential cases for clients, monitoring and evaluating current cases handled by other counsel and acting as a consultant for clients in ongoing negotiations and litigation.
- Northeastern University, J.D., graduated 1988
- New York University, MA, graduated 1985
- Haverford College, BA, graduated 1983
- Massachusetts, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Norwell Zoning Board of Appeals - Vice-Chair
- Public Employee Retirement Administration Commission ("PERAC") - Chairman
- Tufts Medical Center Board of Governors - Executive Committee Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Appellate Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013 in the fields of Appellate and Commercial Litigation
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, highest rating given to attorneys
- Selected as a Massachusetts Super Lawyer each year since its inception, an honor that recognizes him as a leader in the legal community.
- Listed in Super Lawyers National Edition Corporate Counsel.
Areas of Expertise: